Sunday, April 13, 2014

Am I addicted to Google?

G.R.E.A.M. Google rules everything around me, literally. I should be ashamed to admit this, but I'm not. As sad as it sounds, I honestly don't know how I would function without Google.

I use Google for so many things. Google docs is where is make my to-do lists, make outlines for papers, save images, and so much more. I use gmail to send and receive mail from others. I use YouTube to vlog on my website and watch videos. I use the search engine for just about anything, whether its how to spell a word or how to make something at my house.

Why am I so addicted? Because it is so easy to access,  and what's better than being able to have access to your documents and files and information in general? I love that I can save something through google and then pull it up on my phone, iPad, etc. Maybe its the convergent media major in me, but instant and easy access is so wonderful.

I can see how some might think Google is addicting and an invasion of privacy. I'll admit that I've used google to find personal things about others. People can certainly become reliant on google for certain things. I honestly think it depends on the person though. Even though I use google a lot, I'm still grounded in reality. It's different for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Love the acronym, Elaina. I may steal it. You're right that Google's convenience is what accounts for its immense popularity. In a fast-paced online world, the fastest and easiest method of information retrieval usually wins.

    ReplyDelete