Friday, April 4, 2014

A blog post about a blogger being interviewed about blogging

I read the interview with Megan Reardon by Rebecca Blood and I learned a couple of interesting things.

I learned that Megan started her blog for personal use only. It's interesting that she chose to do that because most blogs today are created to make content for others. I have my own blog and I made it with the purpose of coming up with user-generated content. I think that just goes to show that blogs and their purposes have shifted over time.

I also thought it was interesting that Megan's blog centered on crafting. I find it hard to only write about one specific topic. Maybe it just depends. I find that it's hard to narrow them all down. 

Going off of that, its cool that Megan has such a high volume of readers. She doesn't update her blog very often and yet she still manages to pull in people to read the content that she's putting out. She also doesn't seem to really care about the number of readers that she gets each day. I think that is another thing that has changed a lot about blogging over the years.

Blogging now is really all about the readership numbers. I feel like bloggers today really do care about the amount of traffic their blog brings in. I can speak on that from personal experience,  since I actually get really excited when I have readers and comments!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Elaina,
    Is it easy to explain how you get these cool backgrounds?
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! I can always show you in class sometime too, no worries :)

    ReplyDelete